Fenugreek is an indispensable ingredient in Indian curries. Fenugreek seed is commonly used in cooking, and historically, fenugreek was used for a variety of health conditions, including for menopause relief and digestive problems. It was also used for inducing childbirth.
- In India and China it has also been used to treat arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, improve digestion, maintain a healthy metabolism.
- It increases libido and male potency,
- It cure skin problems (wounds, rashes and boils), treat sore throat, and cure acid reflux.
- Fenugreek also has a long history of use for the treatment of reproductive disorders, to induce labor, to treat hormonal disorders,
- It helps to help with breast enlargement, and to reduce menstrual pain.
- Fenugreek helps lower blood glucose and cholestrol levels, and may be an effective treatment for both type 1 and 2 diabetes.
- It is also being studied for its cardiovascular benefits.