Botanical Name: Corallocarpus epigaeus BENTH.
Tamil: Akash garudand
Hindi: Akas-gaddah, Kadawinai, Rakasgaddah
Kannada: Aakhashagaruda, Akashgaruda-balli
Malayalam: Kadamba, Kollan-kova-kizhauna, Kollankova
These Stems are terete, green, 1-2 m long; tendrils simple. Leaves 3-5 cm, broadly ovate, angled, serrate, turgid; petioles 2-3 cm. Flowers unisexual on same plant; male flowers in short axillary racemes; female flowers fascicled around petioles; corollas 5-6 mm, greenish yellow. Fruits 2 cm long.
- It is used for cleanses the wounds.
- It helps to reduce the body heat.
- It may reduce the body weight those who are suffering from obesity.
- It has the property to cure skin disease.
- May helps to treat cough, and bronchitis tumors.