Botanical Name : Phalaris canariensis
English Name : Canary Seeds
Tamil Name : Kaattu Seeragam, Kaattu jeerakam
Hindi Name : Kalijeeri, Somraj, Soharaai, Bakchi
Malayalam Name : Kaattu jeerakam , Krimishatru
Telugu Name :Adavi Jilkara, Adavijilakaroa, Garetikamma
The family belongs to the order of the glum flora. They usually are hermaphroditic flowers, monocots and their fruit has plenty of nourishing tissues. The plant family of the canary seed has some 4,000 species, which dominate the formation of grasslands, steppes and savannas.Canary seed (Phalaris canariensis) is one of the most powerful and nutritious seeds on earth, because of its high content in enzymes and lipase which helps to remove excess body fat. It has a strong recharge capacity and high content in enzymatic proteins. It contains as much protein as meat, but with stable amino acids, which are easily assimilated and do not leave toxic residues.
- Good source of vegetal proteins
- Its natural enzymes are a natural remedy to disinfect internal organs such as liver, kidneys and pancreas:
It is a very powerful pancreatic re-generator and it can be of important help to reduce the high level of blood glucose, thus eradicating diabetes in very little time
- Eliminates cirrhosis by increasing the count of hepatocytes which also disinfects the liver. It contributes to eliminate excess liquids.
- Helps in cases of gout and other types of rheumatism, edema, gastritis and stomach ulcers.
- Contains lipase, an enzyme that helps to purify harmful fats in the veins, arteries, just fat deposits, thus serving as an extraordinary remedy for obesity, cellulite, swollen abdomen, and so on.
- Helps to burn fat, lowers cholesterol, and provides muscle tone. It is a very good food for weight control or cholesterol-lowering diets.
- Excellent remedy against kidney and bladder conditions (cystitis), highly efficient against urinary infections, since it kills bacteria in the urinary tract.