Botanical name– Prunus amygdalus Baill.
Hindi name- Badaam
English name – Almond
Tamil name- Vaadumai
Kannada name – Badami
Unani name – Baadam Shireen
Almond tree is a small, naturally found and also cultivated tree in the region of Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and temperate regions of India. It grows up to a height of 6-8m bearing red flowers. They are rich in vitamins and minerals, and are high in dietetic fiber and monounsaturated fat, which makes the heart healthy.
• Badam is good in lowering the LDL (bad) cholesterol.
• The fiber present in almonds helps in detoxifying the body.
• They assist in stabilizing blood sugar levels and protect against diabetes.
• It boosts your energy.
• Prevent Birth Defects
• Improve Your Brain Power.
• Almonds can be used to prevent anemia.
• It enhances digestion.
How to Use Internally:
The powder of almond is taken in a dose of 5- 8 g with milk as a nerve tonic and as memory booster.