AAADU THINA PAALAI VITHAI:
Aristolochia Bracteolata is an amazing plant that belongs to the genus aristolochia which has more than 400 species. Most of these species have medicinal uses and are commonly called birthworts. They are used especially in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine.
- The plant is administered in low doses to treat low appetite, menstrual disorders and to remove toxins from blood.
- For fever, indigestion, and digestive disorders, one pinch of root powder is taken with warm water.
- For swelling, the seed paste is applied externally.
- For headaches, the paste of leaves is mixed with turmeric and applied on forehead, twice a day.
- For skin diseases, wounds and swelling the paste of leaves is applied topically on affected areas.