Fenugreek or most commonly ‘methi‘ in Hindi is a popular spice having a strong scent and a pungent flavor. Though it is mostly used for culinary purposes, it has a number of medicinal and beauty benefits too.
Commonly known as methi in Hindi and vendhayam in Tamil, it is a popular ingredient in many North and South Indian dishes and home remedies.
- Fenugreek or methi is a multipurpose spice which is widely used in Indian kitchens for various culinary purposes. Fenugreek seeds contain protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, and other Componds.
- Methi seeds destroy the free radicals in our body.
- It is used to treat various skin related problems like wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots.
- Methi seeds are extremely helpful in strengthening hair roots.
- Diabetic people can be very much benefited by fenugreek powder because it is effective in controlling diabetes.
- It can flush out toxic materials from our body and keep it clean for better digestion.
- Being rich in iron, fenugreek powder increase the RBC in blood & is a good for anemic patients.